Automated Webinars: Hype or the Real Deal (Part 1 of 2)
There’s a buzz in the marketplace.
Entrepreneurs, internet marketers and even business owners are all talking about automated webinars. Kind of like that “first day of school” buzz.
If you’re just joining the conversation, you might be wondering, “Is this worthy of my time or just another shiny object?”
Well, cozy on up and grab your favorite drink because you’re about to get the “inside scoop” on what’s really going on with automated webinars.
First, A Close To Home Story
Only a few short years ago, I was selling a service to business owners, called Business Credit Infusion. I remember like it was yesterday…
After an honest day’s work, I’d rush home and start preparing for my webinar. I’m an east coaster, so I’d get on the call at 9:00 p.m. ET, do my presentation and wind up finishing around 11 pm.
Challenge was… I couldn’t go to bed because the adrenaline would be pumping full force. I’d be lucky to wind down enough by midnight. The even bigger challenge was the lack of quality time I was spending with my family.
Even though I was making good money by doing webinars, I just knew there had to be a better way.
Naturally, I asked myself, “What if there was a way to automate this whole process without sacrificing results?”
The answer: automated webinars.
Let me share with you a few of the most powerful benefits of automated webinars.
So What’s The BIG Deal?
- Automated webinars create a dialogue to establish credibility—How many times have you clicked the ‘Buy Now’ button, then bailed? According to Coremetrics the average shopping cart abandonment rate is 65.61%, 21% due to security concerns. It’s no secret that static web pages suffer from trust issues. Webinars engage your prospects in conversation giving you ten times the credibility and influence (translation—that means ten times the sales).
- Automated webinars help you educate prospects—Even if you’re selling duct tape, your customers need to know what problems it solves, how much better life-with-duct-tape will be and why there’s no duct tape like your duct tape. Webinars provide a powerful platform for answering these questions consistently and with feeling to keep your sales funnel overflowing with qualified prospects.
- Automated webinars crank up your conversion ratio—There’s no better sales tool than letting your passion loose—in a systematic sort of way. Webinars make it easy to share the ‘why’ behind your product or services, which build an emotional connection with your ideal clients other platforms can’t match. Let’s put this in real-world perspective. A well-executed direct mail or online campaign that pulls a 1% conversion is considered a success. That’s after all the long hours (and dollars) spent hiring graphic designers, copywriters, paying for postage and waiting for responses to trickle in. After 3,000 presentations and fine-tuning a well-oiled webinar system our experience is a 20%-to-30% conversion rate. Which would you rather have?
- Automated webinars make it easy to upsell existing clients—Cool, you made a sale, now what? Do you have a plan for maximizing your lifetime customer value or do you just move on to the next new client? There’s no better way to build steel-tight relationships with your customers than engage them in the innovation process. At the same time you can let them know about related products they may not know you offer or give them first dibs on a new solution. Either way you leverage the relationship you worked hard to establish in the first place.
- Automated webinars connect you with industry contacts—Affiliates, joint venture partners, MLM reps and industry experts (a.k.a. ideal speakers for your webinars) are looking for you right now. Webinars make it easy for them to get to know you and give them all the reasons they need to join forces with you. You’ll be amazed at how fast the snowball (and cash) gets rolling with a few solid partnerships under your belt.
As you can see, automated webinars can be a powerful addition to anyone’s business, whether you’re an info-marketer or consider yourself a “bricks and sticks.”
Ready to create your own automated webinar?
Before you get started, I’d like for you to consider…
The Simple 3 Step Formula
Anyone can host a webinar, but you need a proven formula to entertain and sell every time. After eight years, 3,000 presentations, testing everything from presentation formats and subject lines to offers and technology, we’ve developed a 3-step fail-safe process that delivers consistent, off-the-chart results.
- Conversion—At the end of the day, or webinar, it’s all about the message. That includes grabbing their attention from the get-go, building rapport, offering a no-brainer solution to a pressing problem, showing proof of results, crafting an irresistible offer with a compelling reason to act now and telling them exactly what to do. In other words, you need a playbook of proven techniques that cover all the bases.
- Traffic—The mantra of direct mail experts everywhere is, “80% of your success is in the list.” Likewise, your ability to clearly identify and attract the right prospects is key to your webinar success. In order to trigger a flood of eager prospects, you need to tackle traffic from all angles including online tactics such as opt-ins, auto responders, affiliates and social media to offline methods like direct mail.
- Automation—What if you could establish such a strong rapport with prospects, establish unwavering credibility and have them salivating over your solution—automatically? You can with automated webinars. The key is finding the right solution created by experts with a proven track record that includes a knuckle-tested technology platform, an easy-to-follow formula and comprehensive training. Look for a system that addresses all aspects including list management, creating a killer presentation with a compelling offer, effectively promoting your event, streamlining invitations, reminders and post-webinar follow-up and—the most important thing—tracking results.
So you’ve finally found an airtight system that condenses the entire sales process—from lead generation, qualification and education to proposing and closing—into one concise, consistent process that works. And it doesn’t require finding, hiring, training, motivating or managing a team of sales reps. The only thing missing is a way to put it on autopilot so you have more time to enjoy all the skinny, no foam cappuccinos you can drink.
Webinar technology has been around for years but only recently has it become highly-sophisticated, affordable and completely automated. Today there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be using some form of automated webinars to simplify and accelerate your sales process. You’ll be able to reach a much wider audience by offering days and times that fit their schedule—morning, noon and night—no matter what time zone. And the best part is, you can be sound asleep while they’re glued to their PC screen and reaching into their pockets.
Make sure the solution you choose comes complete with detailed steps on how to create and attract the right attendees, create a perfect sales message that delivers a “wow” experience and inspires them to take action now, manage the pre, during and post-webinar communications and measure results.
Isn’t it time you infused a triple shot of genius into your sales process with automated webinars?
Stay tuned for Part 2 of Automated Webinars: Hype or the Real Deal.
Dustin Mathews is widely recognized as the Champion of the Internet Movement. His unique ability to create “marketplace frenzies” that drive people to buy products and services in mass has made him a highly sought-after internet marketing expert. In the last seven years he’s helped two different companies reach Inc. Magazine’s coveted Fastest Growing Companies list and has been responsible for generating over $25 million in sales.
Get your very own Automated Webinar Cash Machine at: